Twin Wall External Guide
Basic External Installation
The twin-wall system is designed to be used where an existing chimney stack is not present or when the appliance is required to be used against an external wall.
Jeremias twin-wall is an easy to install “push-fit” system and a locking band is provided with each component to go around the joint (except those specified).
There are a number of important points to be aware of when installing a twin-wall system:
- A minimum of a 60mm clearance must be
- maintained from anything combustible at T450. See Product Designation.
- There should be as few offsets as possible and the distance between the bends should not
exceed 20% of the vertical height of the chimney.
- The chimney should have an adequate clearance from the roof.
- Please see Document J Building Regs for more details.
- The diameter should never be reduced to less than the appliance manufacturers’ instructions.
- Provisions for sweeping must be provided.
Please Note: We do not know the exact situation or circumstances of your home and/or quality of the products already in place. Although the advice and the quotation provided will be based on the details submitted by you, any person who relies upon any advice provided by us by email, phone or which is contained in any of the flexifluedirect.com website, does so at their own risk. We therefore accepts no duty or liability whatsoever, other than a duty to act honesty in good faith.